Thursday, October 15, 2009

The joy of Fall

October has been a month full of surprises. It started out with us being able to enjoy General Conference and spend time with some of our family members. Then, later in that first week, I had the wonderful opportunity to be pulled over by a woman Provo cop and was given a ticket. I don't think I am supposed to drive in Utah... I was supposedly speeding through one of the 2 school zones that are within 50 feet of each other. I was not a happy camper. I don't know if I talked about this in the other post or what, but Landon was promoted at his work and we were both extremely happy! That means we will now have health insurance. WOO HOO! So we thought things were looking up when we found that out and knew that he would be starting soon. School bombarded both of us and we haven't had time to even think about sleeping! It was crazy. Anyway, things were slowing down a bit and we were able to go and watch Mom and dad's house in Highland while they went out of town. That was pretty fun because we were able to have a ton of people over. We got back on Monday, only to find in the mail that my parking ticket I got at school was not waved and we have to pay for that too. I have traffic school this Saturday and it was not cheap to pay for that either. Like I said, I don't think I am supposed to drive in Utah. I am really hoping that the rest of this month will get much much better.
So we had people over while we were watching the house and boy it was fun! On Friday night, we had Landon's mission buddies over for an Argentine night. Landon's trainer, Owen, married a wonderful Argentine woman and she was just recently able to come to the states. When we went to Landon's mission reunion the weekend of conference, we were able to meet her and catch up with some of his other mission buddies. They thought it would be really awesome if Owen's wife, her name is Amanda, would cook some of their favorite Argentine dishes for them. It was empanadas and guiso. Oh man, that stuff was so so good, but extremely fattening! I was watching her cook that and I just knew somebody was going to have a heart attack. They use so much oil and salt! But hey, it was really good. We were also drinking mate all night as well..by the end of the night I was so full, and I felt sick to my stomach. The next day I didn't want to even think about eating. Saturday, we had the wonderful blessing of going to the Salt Lake Temple and doing an endowment session with one of my EFY girls from last year. She is getting married this weekend and wanted us there for her endowment session. I was so proud of her and it was so beautiful in the temple. It made such a good night. Sunday we made dinner and had Andrew, Sophie, and their adorable little girl Kennedy over. After dinner we went driving through the canyon and then played games afterward. The canyon was so beautiful! I wish I would have known to go two weeks ago because that's when the colors are magnificent. It was still beautiful but I wanted to see more colors. It was a busy weekend but it was really fun.

This week has been nothing but work and school. Landon started his job this week. So far, I think he likes it. He hasn't complained. I was so busy with school! Thank goodness for this fall break right now. We don't have school today or tomorrow. I can't believe it is already October. This year has some by so fast it is unbelievable. Tonight we are going back up in the canyon and having tinfoil dinners with Andrew and Sophie. I am going to freeze, but it will be fun!

Here are some pictures from the Argentine night and from the canyon drive we took on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment