Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weeks of fun!

Wow I have been a blog slacker. Our weeks have been super busy though! On Monday, the 21st, Landon just worked and I was working at home like crazy trying to cram for my first biology test that I had to take that week. We both worked on the 22nd, and it was a really long day. We were completely worn out. Wednesday we both worked, except I had to help set up sale at work that night and we didn't get out of there until 12. I was so incredibly tired and I hated not seeing my husband for such a long time. Thursday we both worked again. Amongst all the working, let me remind you that we were also going to school. I took my biology test thursday morning before I went to work. I am proud to say that I made a 97 on my test! Well I technically made an 87 but she gave the class a 10 pt. curve so my grade was a 97. I was so happy. I didn't really get to study as much as I wanted to so that grade really suprised me. In 3 days, I had 21 hours at work. By Friday I was completely worn out. Thank goodness it was my birthday on Friday, the 25th, so I didn't have to work. I am now 21 years old. That whole day was so special for me. I completely skipped all my classes, just because I felt like it, and was with my husband ALL day. I was able to sit and chat with one of my good friends from Denton who moved here this last summer and that was so much fun to catch up. Then Landon and I went to the Mt. Timpanogas temple with his parents and aunt and uncle to do some family sealings. That was so special and just really set the mood for my birthday. After the temple, Landon took me to The Cheesecake Factory up in Salt Lake for dinner!We were able to sit outside which made it really nice because it wasn't so noisy and the weather was so nice and cool!
Landon thought it would be cool to order this ENORMOUS burger...and he ate it all!

They came out and sang to me for my birthday with the cheesecake that I ordered. It was wild blueberry with white chocolate mousse ontop..you definately need to try it! Landon got the Snickers cheesecake and that was really good too.

As we were leaving, we had this beautiful sunset! I couldn't get a good picture because we were in the car, but it was so wonderful. I just love the sunsets here. After our dinner, we went back to our apartment and watched 17 Again. It was an interesting movie...let's just say that. On Saturday, the 26th, we had the Relief Society Broadcast. I went with Alyssa, my sis-in-law, mom kingston and Aunt Carolyn up to the conference center for the broadcast and had such a wonderful time.



Alyssa and I didn't plan this one at all...it just happened that we were matching!
Sunday was so much fun. Landon and I went to church and then went to the parent's house to have my birthday dinner. Mom kingston made this yellow cake with chocolate icing and her famous Cafe Rio salads. They are so good! Anyway, right when we were getting ready to bring the cake in, Mom kingston realized that she doesn't have any candles. Well Chad and Alyssa, my sibling-in-laws, got really creative and this is what they came up with:haha talk about creative! It was pretty tough to blow out too! ha
The next week was just another week of school and work and less time together. The coolest part of this week had to do with Landon and his job. First, he won tickets to the Jazz game on Thursday night. They were playing the Nuggets.
We got to sit 2nd row and even have dinner before hand.
It was all paid for, which made it even more fun! We even got Kenyon Martin to pose for us. He is from the Nuggets. We were sitting right behind them. We had a really great time. Then, on Friday, Landon found out that he got the promotion that he applied for! He will be working full time now, will be getting a pay raise, and will also be able to get benifits, meaning we will have health insurance! I am so happy and proud of him! He has worked so hard and definately deserves this position. It will be tough though having to work full time and go to school full time but I know we will both manage and he will do just fine.

This weekend was just so amazing. We had conference! From Saturday on we were at the parent's house. We watched conference on their big screen all Saturday and today, with the joy of being with the family. Lenae and Nate and the girls came down for this weekend so we were able to enjoy their company and spend time with them. We had girls night Saturday night and went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse...that's my kind of place! I loved being able to be with part of my family during such a spiritual weekend.
Landon and I are home now and feeling a little stressed about this next week. However, I know that we will be able to get through it if we manage our time wisely and do what we are supposed to do spiritually before anything else. Our Heavenly Father has blessed us in so many ways and we are indeed very grateful! Well the bed is calling my name. I will try and not be such a blog slacker this next week...lets see if that will really happen..

2 comments:

  1. It was great to see you guys this weekend! Nate did full time work for 4 years and so I know it is a huge sacrifice, but it was worth it. Your right, you'll be able to tackle anything when putting the Lord first! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "This weekend was just so amazing. We had conference!"

    It was a good one. Elder Holland gave one of the most powerful testimonies of the Book of Mormon I have ever heard. I'm including his remarks in an entry on the BoM Witnesses I'll be posting soon (when I get time...).

    ReplyDelete