Monday, August 24, 2009

So much to do, so little time..

It has been a crazy past week and I know it will only get even more crazy! Landon and I have been running everyday, trying to prepare for our 5k in 2 weeks and boy it has tired me out! I have no idea how I am going to be able to run a 5k but I'm hoping that a miracle will happen and I will finish and it will feel amazing! Like I mentioned in another post, Landon received a pell grant and we were so excited, but we hadn't heard anything about my grant and if I was going to receive one. We checked everyday and there was nothing. Finally, today was the day! I looked online and saw that I was awarded a pell grant too! YAY! We love to see blessings! It really helps up out because books are NOT cheap. School is taken care of..for now.
On Friday, Landon and I went to his friend, Julia's, reception and we saw the prettiest sunset ever! Okay, so it wasn't the prettiest but the picture I got was way sweet! Not too bad for just a digital camera, and for taking it while the car was moving and I was shooting through the front windshield!
On Saturday, Landon and I hiked the Y with our good friends, Hayley and Jake. They got married a week before us, so they are in the newly-married boat along with us. We had such a good time. Jake has NEVER hiked the Y so it was fun to be there for his first time.

I didn't think I was going to be sore because Landon and I had been running everyday so I thought it would be a piece of cake..boy was I wrong. I woke up on Sunday and found places to be sore that I thought would never be sore! What a difference there is in running and hiking...you think I would know that but I guess it didn't cross my mind. I have no idea how I am going to have the strength to run tonight..

Sunday was such a glorious day! Landon and I went with Mom, Dad, Chad, and Alyssa to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication. It was so neat! I remember going to one when I was really little but I didn't remember a thing so it was like everything was new to me! I just love temples and we are so blessed to have so many in Utah.

School starts on Wednesday and I am not too excited about it. I used to love school...I don't know what happened. I am just ready to be done and I still have a good two years. I am going to start the education program in the Spring so once that gets going hopefully it will fly by and I will graduate. Amongst going to school, being a newlywed, and trying to work, there is little time to sleep. I am really trying to manage everything and it is getting really tough. This next semester is going to be interesting.






No comments:

Post a Comment